Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- profile photo;
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- credit card, PayPal or other information in relation to payment;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information computer, browser and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your inquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We endeavour to collect your personal information directly from you, however if it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so, we may collect it from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- register on our website or app;
- receive the benefit of our services, including at the request of another user;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, competitions or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
- interact with our sites, app, services, content and advertising; or
- invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our website, our app or our services;
- to process payments;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, our app or our services, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, to develop new services and features, and for advertising and marketing;
- to improve pick-ups and facilitate deliveries;
- to track and share the progress of deliveries;
- to enable communications between users, drivers and vendors;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to prevent and detect fraud, comply with our legal obligations, conduct audits, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with you or third parties;
- to verify users’ identity; and
- to consider your employment or contractor application, as well as your eligibility to provide delivery services (if applicable).
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our service and products. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth), the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth) and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg an unsubscribe link). Unless you opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us, you agree for us to send you direct marketing communications (including electronic messages, telemarketing calls or marketing faxes) about our products and services for an indefinite period of time.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- our contractors, employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website or app.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
What security measures do we take to protect your information?
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
What if our website or app includes links?
How can you access or correct your personal information?
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected. You may also update your details by updating your profile information.
How can you make a complaint?
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the details set out below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
How can you contact us?
Level 2, 2 Hill Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010
Last updated: 7 December 2021