Mother’s day flowers are a great way to show your mum and all the mums in your life that you love them and appreciate all that they do. After all, flowers are a beautiful and powerful symbol of human emotions. But if you’re unsure of which floral arrangements to send these wonderful women in your life, we’ve got you covered.
Step 1: Consider her tastes
It’s essential to consider your mum’s likes and dislikes when selecting flowers or bouquets. So think of the types of flowers or decorations you may have seen around her house. Or the colours and smells she likes.
It could be nice to put in some thought and get something different to match her taste rather than getting the exact flowers she’s had in her bedroom vase for the past five years.
Step 2: Make it meaningful
Ever since the 1800s, people have been using flowers to communicate sentiments or special messages. Here’s a list of some of our favourite flowers for Mother’s day and what they symbolise:
– Carnations are an obvious and popular choice since they have multiple meanings, including gratitude, adoration, love, healing, and remembrance
– Chrysanthemums, also known as “mums,” symbolise love and beauty – a fitting choice, aren’t they?
– Roses primarily symbolise love, although the different colours have various meanings
– Clematises are a beautiful way to appreciate your mum’s mental beauty
– Orchids can last 8-12 weeks and symbolise love, thoughtfulness, and beauty
– Sunflowers are a sweet and simple way to show your mum you adore her
– Lillies symbolise fertility and motherhood and are an adorable addition to any bouquet
– Tulips, like roses, have various colours and meanings. They can symbolise love, caring, royalty, purity, and strength
You can then opt for a simple bouquet or an intricate and colourful arrangement. You may also want to attach a handwritten or personalised note explaining these meanings or including a heartfelt message. Let your mum know that she’s your best ‘bud’ and that you’re proud to be h’orchid’ (her kid, get it?)
Step 3: Time for delivery!
Of course, you want your bouquet to reach your mum fresh and blooming. My Personal Courier offers ASAP and same-day deliveries, so even if your florist is too swarmed to deliver the flowers for you, there’s no need to worry. Cost-effective, reliable, convenient, and personal (and personalised) deliveries are just a click away.